Build sustainable cities and communities
Providing public access to libraries including books and publications
The General Secretariat of the Central Library seeks to provide the best services to the beneficiaries to keep abreast of developments, especially in the electronic aspect (electronic service), by completing many scientific projects. The General Secretariat of the Central Library aspires to strengthen the frameworks for cultural cooperation between the various scientific and cultural institutions inside and outside the country and through various available means, including the exchange and gifting of paper and electronic information sources, exchange of experiences, courses and activities, and access to the latest developments in the world in the field of information and libraries and the development witnessed in this the field.
The Central Library aims to serve the programs and policies of higher education and scientific research and seeks to advance society scientifically and culturally and to carry out the tasks entrusted to it through:
1. Supporting the school curricula with the information it provides
2. Providing modern and varied information resources to serve all beneficiaries of the various departments, colleges and centers of Basra University.
3. Activating the benefit from the library's resources and services and the information provided by the library by introducing it and facilitating access to it.
4. Providing information in various fields of knowledge through bulletins, abstracts and bibliographies.
5. The library is interested in providing electronic information sources service, such as thesis, university dissertations, electronic books, scientific and cultural periodicals, and on magnetic disks.
The main library in the University is free access and any one can inter to the social and history sectors electronic link freely.
A delegation from the College of Archeology, Dhi Qar University, visited the Central Library and Manuscripts in the College of Arts, University of Basrah.
The central library recives citizens, school students, and others every day.